Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Playing Tag

This is my first game of tag in the blog world so I am excited to be playing! I actually started writing this post a week ago but I decided to make spring break a real break to focus on my family. Thanks to Miss Nelson at Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera! for letting me join in!

Here are her 10 questions and the rules to the game:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the 10 questions for the tagger who posted for you.
3. Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people you're tagging.
4. Tag 10 people and link them with your post. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged!

 
Which do you prefer teaching Reading or Math?
This is actually a tough question because I love teaching both but for different reasons. Reading because it's my favorite thing to do and I love to share what I love and Math because I struggled with it in school so I love helping my kiddos have an easier time with it than I did.

What’s your favorite place for clip art?
I don't have a favorite because I have just gotten into this blogging thing and that's one part of it I haven't figured out yet. Any tips?


Do you count spelling tests as a reading or writing grade?
Both because my spelling tests are also vocabulary tests. They get one point for spelling the word right and one point for using it correctly in a sentence. I then split those points between reading and writing.

Favorite website for your students?
Khan Academy - This man is amazing. There are hundreds of videos and tutorials on all kinds of subjects...and it's all free! I use the videos with both whole class instruction and as differentiation with struggling students, especially in math.

Point and shoot camera  or DSLR?
I only have a point and shoot right now (it is cool because it's also an underwater camera...check out a pic from the tide pools at Science School here) but as soon as I come into some money (ha, ha...) that DSLR is mine!

Do you arrive to school early or stay late?
I try to get in early so I can pick up my daughter as soon as possible after school. It usually ends up being about even on both ends.

Coke or  Pepsi?
Definitely Coke. No contest.

Michael's or Hobby Lobby?
Michael's...but simply because of distance. The closest Hobby Lobby is about 40 miles away and I only go there when I visit my in-laws. In fact it only opened out here in the last 6 months so I don't really know the joy and wonder of Hobby Lobby yet. I have a feeling that is a really good thing for my checkbook! 

What is your favorite read aloud?
Picture Book - Enemy Pie by Derek Munson
Chapter Book - A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz

Winter Break or Spring Break?
 Spring Break because I'm celebrating right now! I don't go back until April 16th! Wahoo!  So sad...back to school yesterday...


Here are my 10 questions for my tag-ees:
1.What is your favorite kind of grading pen/marker?
2.What is your favorite unit to teach each year?
3. Do you like field trips? Where do you go on field trips with your students?
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what and why?
5. Do you use classroom rewards? What kind?
6. What is your favorite store to find "teacher" clothes?
7. Heels or flats?
8. What is your favorite teaching website?
9. What is your favorite non-teaching website?
10. When does school end for you?


I have decided since it took so long to fill this out that I am not going to officially tag anyone but if you're feeling up to it I would love to hear your thoughts! So much for following rules. ;)


 

No comments: