Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Just the Beginning...

I wanted to be a lot of things when I was a little girl. The first was a teacher (and I'm proud to say that one stuck!). Part of the list included being a marine biologist (I am now afraid of deep water), the first female president of the United States (ummm... no, thank you!), a historian, and a writer.

I realized when I applied for my education program in college that I could have a little piece of all those things and be very happy. I was right! I get the chance every year to study and learn about all kinds of topics and to share those things with young minds.

My one regret so far has been the last profession on the list - a writer. I have always loved writing. I spent so many hours of my days dreaming about far-away lands and friends. I had notebooks full of ideas and sketches that were more real to me than the world I lived in. When I was in college I took a creative writing class and I thought I was on my way, but life gets in the way of dreams sometimes and, here I am, ten years down the road, and no closer to my writing goals. I have finally decided the time has come after years of shuffling my feet.

So this blog is not only dedicated to teaching but also to writing and to taking my ideas out of my head and sharing them.

Thanks for joining me at the beginning!

1 comment:

Delighted said...

Have you heard of Slice of Life? I just finished the March challenge of writing every single day for the month of March. It was a real challenge for me. For the rest of the year, we link up on Tuesday. Fun! You should come and join us. Come on over to my blog & click on the Slice of Life button. I'm your newest follower!


First Grade Delight
imgoingfirst@gmail.com